PuTTY 0.51 is released
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:16:54 +0000
PuTTY version 0.51 is released.
All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available
from the PuTTY website at
There haven't been very many new features since version 0.50. This
is mostly a bug fix release.
There are two big new features, and they are:
- Addition of PuTTYgen, an RSA key generator. PuTTY can now
generate its own keys for use in authentication.
- SSH compression is now implemented.
Most of the other changes are bug fixes and security improvements. I
think a total of 18 bugs have been fixed since 0.50. In particular:
- `Lost connection while sending', when you try to paste too much
text at a time, doesn't happen any more.
- `Server failed host key check', occurring randomly in SSH 2,
doesn't happen any more.
- `Default Settings' is now back on the saved session list, and
the various strange effects of its absence (such as undeletable
sessions) aren't happening any more.
Enjoy using PuTTY!
Simon Tatham These are my opinions. There are many
<email@example.com> like them but these ones are mine.