Re[6]: [Snowball-discuss] an inconsistency with Russian stemmer

Oleg Bartunov oleg@sai.msu.su
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 19:12:12 +0300 (GMT)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Andrew Aksyonoff wrote:

> Hello Oleg!
>
> Sunday, November 18, 2001, 6:35:29 PM, you wrote:
> OB> It's pity I miss the discussion in the mailing list archive :-)
> I can forward it you if you wish.

I already read the discussion and joined mailing list.

> OB> I'm going to subscribe now. Andrew has raised very important question
> OB> about diminutives form. What's about opposite forms like 'zaichishe' ?
> Haven't tried them yet, but they don't seem to generate much
> errors. Most of the errors are due to different cases of "at'",
> "et'", "it'" and "yat'" verbal suffixes (eg. "ami", "at",
> "yami", etc), and I can't yet come up with a good solution.
>
> I'll be also soon experimenting with some other (rather rare)
> noun suffixes which generate a significant amount of errors;
> will keep you updated, if you are interested.

please, do

> OB> PS. btw, Andrew, we could communicate in russian.
> Surely. And I would also like to discuss some OpenFTS details
> with you. ;-)

No problem. We're waiting for coming PostgreSQL 7.2 release with
our new module contrib/tsearch, which will be used extensively
in new version of OpenFTS.

> - Andrew

	Regards,
		Oleg