[Snowball-discuss] Unicode representation (formerly: Regarding a unicode version of Snowball)

Archie Dawson adawson@mohomine.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:28:53 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1783A.88A4C2E0

Thanks for the response Martin.

I believe that short* would be more convenient then UTF-8 encoding.  I must
admit that all of my Unicode coding experience is limited to Windows2000.
Here, almost all the functions that take Unicode characters are expecting a
short* buffer.  And it also expects the most significant byte to be first in
the way you assumed.

Archie

VirusChecked by the Incepta Group plc
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1783A.88A4C2E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"=

<TITLE>Unicode representation (formerly: Regarding a unicode version of Sno=
wball)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks for the response Martin.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I believe that short* would be more conven=
ient then UTF-8 encoding.&nbsp; I must admit that all of my Unicode coding =
experience is limited to Windows2000.&nbsp; Here, almost all the functions =
that take Unicode characters are expecting a short* buffer.&nbsp; And it al=
so expects the most significant byte to be first in the way you assumed.</F=
ONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Archie</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
<HTML><BODY><BR>