[Snowball-discuss] I think I found a bug, where shall I report it?

rdiez@btinternet.com rdiez@btinternet.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:03:03 +0100 (BST)

Hi there:

I think I found a bug, but I can't find any way to report it described in h=
ttp://snowball.sourceforge.net/

In the Spanish stemmer, step 3 "residual suffix" it says:

  e =E9 delete if in RV, and if preceded by gu in RV delete the u=20

I can't read Snowball, but I think the implementation is more like "if prec=
eded by 'gu', delete the u, where 'u' must be in RV, but 'g' can be outside=
 RV".

I've tested the ANSI C stemmer, and checked the example file spanish/diffs.=
txt, and word "pague" is stemmed as "pag", which means the 'e' has been rem=
oved, and the 'u' has also been removed. However, the 'g' in the 'gu' suffi=
x is not in RV.

Am I correct?

Thanks,
  Ruben