[Snowball-discuss] Compiling with VC++ 6?

J Smith jsmith@tutorbuddy.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:10:03 -0400

Martin,

I forgot to mention in my last post my thanks for the quick update. It never
ceases to amaze me how quickly projects in the open source community responds
to this sort of thing. (Most projects, I should say -- I've been trying to
get patches commited to a couple of other projects now for months.)

I'd also like to say thanks for Snowball itself. While I have no idea how to
go about designing a stemmer myself, I find them quite useful in my work, as
I'm currently working on an educational search engine. I'm planning on adding
multi-language support soon, so Snowball is definitely going to be useful.

Maybe some day I'll actually be able to use it beyond the outputs it generates
-- perhaps I could write a Gaelic stemmer as an hommage to my Scotish
ancestors. Then again, after thinking about the few lessons I received from
my grandparents and my complete ineptitude to retain a single word...