[Snowball-discuss] Re: Compile Errors ....

Martin Porter martin_porter@softhome.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:38:27 -0600

Art,

This is puzzling. Snowball has run on Windows NT, but perhaps errors were
introduced when it was adapted to support unicode. ('static symbol' etc was
introduced at that time.) There may be some missing initialisation which
doesn't show up on Linux/Unix. But I see nothing obvious looking at the code.

Snowball is careful to avoid generating expressions of the form

     static symbol x[0] = {};

- you may be able to see where in generator.c this is done.

Could you send me one the stem.c files generated by your system exhibiting
the error, corresponding to a stem.c file from the Snowball web site?

Thanks,

Martin