[Snowball-discuss] Generic Perl interface to Snowball ( ignore previous )

Richard Boulton richard@tartarus.org
17 Feb 2002 16:22:54 +0000

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 19:53, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> I wrote a simple demo for snowball stemmers ( english and russian ).
> It's rather easy  using our Perl interface. Check it
> http://intra.astronet.ru/db/lingua/snowball/
> Just copy'n paste some text
> It's easy to extend it to all languages.
> I think it's important to give people a chance to get some feeling
> without downloading, installing  ....

Agreed.  We've had a demo at
http://http://snowball.sourceforge.net/demo.php
since snowball was released, but that only does English.
I've been thinking of making a java applet demo: that would be able to
stem as soon as you typed in words, which might be interesting.

--
Richard