[Snowball-discuss] Generic Perl interface to Snowball ( ignore previous )

Oleg Bartunov oleg@sai.msu.su
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:21:36 +0300 (GMT)

Martin,

We have released new version of our perl interface to snowball stemmers,
it could be downloaded from OpenFTS site
(http://openfts.sourceforge.net/contributions.shtml)
We hope it will be included into snowball distribution, we don't like
to support it on OpenFTS site.

Changes:
    v. 0.3 - Mon Mar  4 20:22:58 MSK 2002
             add locale support

	Regards,

		Oleg

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Martin Porter wrote:

> This sounds excellent, Oleg, thanks.
>
> Give me a day or two to get organised. I am a bit behind on Snowball work,
> not having properly looked at Richard Boulton's Java codegenerator properly
> as yet. I'll have a word with Richard: I need to bring the documentation up
> to date to cover the Java codegenerator, and Richard will have ideas on how
> to incorporate Perl binding work into the main site.
>
> Your contribution is timely, since I was getting the feeling that there
> would never be any significant external submissions to the Snowball site.
> Emails have tailed off considerable after the first release.
>
> And I had such hopes for people submitting Snowball stemmers for Czech,
> Polish, Sanskrit, Lithuanian, Byelorussian, Roumanian, Icelandic, etc etc ;-)
>
> Martin

	Regards,
		Oleg