[Snowball-discuss] Norwegian stemmer

Ask Solem Hoel ask@unixmonks.net
Fri Nov 1 14:20:02 2002

Hi!

Has there been any changes in the norwegian stemmer as of the latest
year or something? :)

I've just forked my perl port of the norwegian stemmer to create a
swedish stemmer, which now works perfectly. I've made a test framework
that tests against the diffs.txt file from the snowball site and it
works perfectly for every word.

So.. I was thinking I might make the test suite for the norwegian
version as well, changing the version number to 1.0 and change the URL
for the snowball list at the same time. But to my surprise the tests
didn't work. I've found some broken lines in the diffs.txt where lines
were broken and fixed them, but that was not all of my problem.

I am soooo sure this worked a year ago. What has happened? :)
Is the diffs.txt file in sync?