[Snowball-discuss] Do not send passwords in the clear!

Tolkin, Steve Steve.Tolkin@FMR.COM
Tue Oct 1 13:55:01 2002

I decided to unsubscribe from the snowball mailing list
http://lists.tartarus.org/mailman/listinfo/snowball-discuss
because I could not find a way to prevent it from including my password
in the clear, i.e. not encrypted, in the monthly reminders.

You should never mail out passwords unless specifically requested.

or there shoul dbe an optin to suppress this, and it should be the default.

In fact there is no need to send out monthly reminders, so there
should be an option to suppress those too.

Hopefully helpfully yours,
Steve
--
Steven Tolkin          steve.tolkin@fmr.com      617-563-0516
Fidelity Investments   82 Devonshire St. V8D     Boston MA 02109