[Snowball-discuss] Mismatch between vocab.txt and output.txt

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon Oct 14 15:03:01 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:26:09PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> I generated my stemmers from the ".sbl" sources, but the difference from
> the finnish stem.c on the website are just in the function names.  Most
> odd - I'll see if I can work out what's going on.

I've found the problem, and it wasn't Snowball at fault at all.

There was a mismatch in the order of the stemmers in a table in my own
code - I had "french" and "finnish" switched, so I was stemming finnish
with the french stemmer (and vice versa).

Sorry about the false alarm.