[Snowball-discuss] problems with Finnish

Alex Murzaku lists@lissus.com
Sat Sep 21 13:08:01 2002

Thank you for the quick answers. Incidentally I am using the Java
stemmers for Lucene too. And this is exactly the reason: there are so
many people that need one language or the other and go and reimplement
the Snowball algorithm from scratch. I just adapted a set of Lucene
analyzers (one per language) so that people can access them easily when
they start using Lucene. Still remains the issue of the
language-specific tokenizers but the one for English does a 90% OK job
so this will remain to be done later.

Again, thanks for this great contribution to the IR community.