[Snowball-discuss] Porter Stemmer

Jin Wang jin@cs.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 22 13:02:03 2003

Dear Sir,

I am Jin Wang, I downloaded the Java version of the Porter Stemming
algorithm and used it to get the stemmed terms. It worked very well except
a small bug in the method "String stem(String s)", I already fixed this
small bug and also reimplement the program by using StringBuffer provided
by Java instead of Char Array. Since it is the Java version, I think
StringBuffer is better than Char Array in this case.

I don't know whether I can submit my modified Porter Stemmer to you so
that you can publish it in your website? If it is possible, how I can do
that?

Thanks a lot!

Jin Wang