[Snowball-discuss] Spanish stemmer XS Perl

Hans Poo hans@opensource.cl
Sat Jun 14 22:04:01 2003

Oleg, thank you again for all your help, the solution is very good, but
the problem is that the whole thing is:

I'am working in a project and need to add Spanish stemming support to
DBIx::FullTextSearch, this module use Lingua::Stem for stemming. It's
for a job bank, and the Client wanted the control characters +, -, *
presents in this pacakge. The only stemming algorithm i found for
spanish is Porter spanish algorithm generated with Snowball.

The Lingua-Stem-Snowball package problem is that it's not the mechanic i
need. I need to create another package for the Lingua::Stem module for
Spanish, it's name should be Lingua::Stem::Es. I have to make the
installation from CPAN with all the Lingua::Stem modules transparently.

Thank you Again