[Snowball-discuss] Ukrainian stemmer

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Wed Nov 12 15:24:01 2003

sector119@mail.ru wrote:

>I think that it will be better to make russian-ukrainian stemmer
>dictionary, not only ukrainian! Add support for ukrainian endings to
>russian stemmer dictionary! Because there are to many people who speak
>russian and ukrainian and to many documents are in two languages!
> =20

+1 for this offer in addition to ukrainan only stemmer

However I'd like to have

    russian stemmer
    russinan-ukrainian stemmer
    ukrainian stemmer

The mixed solution will have high noise-rate IMO. Take into=20
consideration that Ispell and Stemka has lower noise rate for russian=20
and ukrainian then Snowball already.

Anyway I have cases when I'd need Ukrainian-only stemmer. Though mixed=20
language solution will have the appliances as well.

Regards,

m.
--=20
Myroslav Opyr