[Snowball-discuss] Need Help...

* * animatixz81 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 09:34:09 BST 2004

Respected sir...

I am the beginner in using java programming. I need ur assistance in doing my final thesis. Im currently doing research in information retrieval. My final project title is "To Evaluate Effectiveness of Clustering Algorithms in Retrieving Malay Documents". The problems is i want to remove the stop words and create the new file that already removed that stop words but i dont know how to do it. I also need to create an index that relates word-stemmed forms of words to their root form, but I do not know how to generate the root form from the stemmed variants. For example in Malay, the word given is "permainan". The root word of this is "main". So how i want to make the program that will remove the suffix and prefix which remove "ber" and "an". If u can help me, i want the source code using java coding. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks u so much...

Student
Bach. Science (Hons) of Information Technology