[Snowball-discuss] german stemmer question

Christina Stahl christina.stahl@chello.at
Sun Feb 22 20:23:02 2004

Hello,

Thank you so much for your great work on the snowball stemmers.

I'm fairly new to all this but I have a problem that you might be able to
help me with: I installed the german snowball stemmer with OpenFTS and it
perfectly removes the umlaut accent from a, o, and u. However, I would also
like to have the umlaut equivalents ae, oe, and ue transformed to a, o, and
u respectively both when indexing and when querying the documents. Could you
please give me a hint on how to do this?

Thank you for your help,
Christina
---