[Snowball-discuss] Problems with -Wall flag

Martin Porter martin.porter@grapeshot.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 10:30:02 2004

Neal,

I remember the problem now: my gcc, whatever -W flags are set, does not
report missing #include <...> directives. Anyway, I've put them in.

For the rest,

>Line 69: if (DEBUG) printf("--> %d\n", p);

are removed (they were only temporary anyway)

>libstemmer/libstemmer.c  -- Undefined strcmp & malloc
>Line 1 #include <stdlib.h>
>Line 2 #include <string.h>

I'll leave for Richard (his code)

>examples/stemwords.c +149 -- "warning: too few arguments for format"
>fprintf(stderr, "language `%s' not available for stemming\n", "english");

-- I can see nothing wrong here

And the unused variables and labels of the generated code are harmless.

Martin