[Snowball-discuss] Getting Dutch stemming to work with Activestate Perl

Edgar Meij edgar.meij at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:27:07 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the snowball stemmers to work in Dutch on a windoze
system with Activestate perl installed. I've downloaded and installed
Lingua::Stem::Snowball through ppm, but only a few languages are
supported (and Dutch isn't included :-) ). I've managed before to add
dutch (using a modified add_stemmer.pl) and recompile Snowball on a
Debian system in the blink of an eye. But since this isn't Linux
(duhh) I'm unable add dutch support and recompile the snowball wrapper
to work with it.

Frankly, I'm quite stuck at the moment and was wondering if anyone had
any hints how to proceed next.

Hoping you could help :-),

Edgar Meij

--
'An approximate answer to the right question is worth a great deal
more than a precise answer to the wrong question'