[Snowball-discuss] Compilation on MacOSX

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun May 29 08:55:46 BST 2005

Hi,

first I am happy to see that you have refactored the code into a dedicated
library.

I've tried to compile the library on MacOSX (using gcc 3.3 and 4.0) but the
compilation fails:

cc -Iinclude   -c -o examples/stemwords.o examples/stemwords.c
examples/stemwords.c: In function `stem_file':
examples/stemwords.c:40: error: parse error before "__istype"
make: *** [examples/stemwords.o] Error 1

It compiles fine on Linux.

Maybe you could make a link to the TextIndexNG project
(www.zopyx.com/OpenSource/TextIndexNG)
which is a fulltext indexing solution for Zope with supports stemming
through Snowball for all
available stemmer languages.

Andreas