[Snowball-discuss] Polish stemmer?

Dawid Weiss dawid.weiss at cs.put.poznan.pl
Wed Aug 29 07:16:33 BST 2007

Hi Agnieszka,

(I am not a snowball developer, but...) It won't be easy to handle the
complexity of Polish in a set of Snowball rules. You may want to take a look at
freely available Polish stemmers -- both dictionary-based (Morfologik) and
heuristic/ trained (Andrzej Bialecki's Stempel). I guess it would be an
interesting task to try to _learn_ some startup set of stemming rules for Polish
and then prune it manually.

Dawid