[Snowball-discuss] More patches

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Mon Feb 12 10:17:18 GMT 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> This fixes various typos in the website (the change to r1r2.html
> reflects that some of the stemmers now shipped don't actually use r1 and
> r2 - lovins is the most obvious example):
>
> http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/snowball-website-typos.patch

Thanks, applied.

> This adds a "make check" rule which verifies that the UTF-8 and
> ISO-8859-1 versions of the stemmers actually produce the expected
> output on the test vocabulary.  To simplify the implementation
> of this, the patch also converts all the voc.txt and output.txt
> files to UTF-8 (the romanian ones were already) - I just ran them
> through iconv with suitable options to do this:
>
> http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/snowball-make-check.patch

Martin and I discussed moving the sample data to UTF-8 long ago, but
never quite got round to it.  I even had some of the sample data in my
working directory converted.

I've committed this, thanks very much.

I'll look at the remaining three patches later, probably this evening.

--
Richard