[Snowball-discuss] Turkish stemmer code

Martin Porter martin.porter at grapeshot.co.uk
Sun Feb 18 14:47:16 GMT 2007

Yes, "test 'x' next" is the same as "'x'", where 'x' is one character.
For the Hungarian stemmer I was able to make an improvement in one small
area of the code that was messy, and I'd expect to do a similar review
of any submitted stemmer. With the Turkish stemmer I have just not had
time to look at it yet. I think if we want to make these adjustments we
should refer them back to the contributor for comment of course.

My plan has been to sort out the Romanian submission next, and get it to
a point where it is properly releasable, if only because it has been
hanging around for so long. Unfortunately I don't seem to find the time
(and perhaps energy) for snowball work to the extent I'd like these
days. Nevertheless the plan is to get the Romanian done in the next
couple of weeks. I'll report back soon.

Olly, many thanks for your contributions of late.

Martin