[Snowball-discuss] Snowball API versioning

Oleg Bartunov oleg at sai.msu.su
Fri May 4 12:23:13 BST 2007

Hi there,

I'm asking about API versioning to let third-party products track
snowball changes. We use snowball stemmer in our full-text search engine for
PostgreSQL. Currently, it's extension module but we expect it will became
built-in core FTS in the next release, which should happen in two months.
There were several (we noticed 2) API changes this year. It's headache !
I suggest to follow standard versioning scheme major.minor.

 	Regards,
 		Oleg