[Snowball-discuss] memory use in java version

Martin Porter martin.porter at grapeshot.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 14:52:15 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 09:09 +0000, Richard Boulton wrote:

> I can't really help with how much memory it uses - but there is no
> internal cache at all in the snowball code.

Mike,

Yes, I would have thought memory use is not an issue. There is the
memory required for the C or java software, but almost nothing else.
Since it's all thread safe, I guess you can throw as many Java
SnowballProgram objects into the pot as you wish without fear of it
spilling over.

Similar remarks for use with C,

Martin