[Snowball-discuss] Query Expansion with Snowball?

Amit Aggarwal aaggarwal at truveo.com
Fri Mar 28 01:04:18 GMT 2008

Hello dear Snowball community,

I am looking for a query expansion tool in order to make searching better
for my site. One way of doing this is to stem the word and then conflate the
stem to get all variations of the word. For example,

user query: swimming
1. stem: swim
2. conflation: swim, swims, swimming, swam

I am curious if you think Snowball fits the bill for this job. I know it can
do step 1, but has anybody out there tried to do step 2?

If anybody knows of anything else that might be useful, please do share!

Thanks.
Amit