[Snowball-discuss] Snowball release cycle ?

Martin Porter martin at porterloo.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 09:16:11 BST 2009

Oleg,

Hello, nice to hear from you you again, after so long. Richard and I have
discussed the idea of having a proper release policy from time to time, but
have never managed to put one in place. I think that is acceptable, since
snowball changes less and less as the years go by. (I am 65 now, and want to
withdraw from software work in the future.)

As well as the snowball compiler, I have no plans to alter the stemmers
themselves (except perhaps the English stemmer -- I have thought of undoing
or modifying an earlier extension.) The version we're currently releasing is
just as stable as the one you used in 2007, and probably little different.

Martin