[Snowball-discuss] [HACKERS] Snowball release cycle ?

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Wed Apr 1 23:22:42 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 05:41:53PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Richard Boulton wrote:
>> As I understand it, ASL 2 is incompatible with GPL 2, at least according to
>> the FSF.  This would be a showstopper problem for me.
>
> Er, what does Postgres have that is covered by GPL2?

I think cross posting has confused this thread - I was talking about
snowball not postgres.  I don't use postgres at all; in fact, I'm not sure
why this thread was copied to pgsql-hackers at all - sorry for the noise if
there wasn't a good reason.

What I mean is that I use snowball in a project which is GPL-2, and cannot
be relicensed, and snowball changing to ASL 2 would be a showstopper
problem for me for that reason.

--
Richard