[Snowball-discuss] More patches for the C implementationoftheEnglish stemmer

Martin Porter martin at porterloo.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 10:49:34 BST 2010

>Sorry, I was trying to be helpful by splitting out each change clearly, but
>I can send fewer patches with more changes in each if that works better for
>you (I also have some for UTF-8 support which aren't yet ready to send, and
>there may be others to come).
>
>Cheers,
>    Olly

Olly -- it's me being a bit helpless really. I've never really known how to
"apply" patches, so I copy and paste. Then I receive email on a laptop and
maintain snowball on my Linux machine, and have never connected these
machines up. Then your patches seem fine, and its easiest to check them out
with Kompare (Kompare is really good!) and just put your whole module in
place. Which I've done.

I've called ends1 ends_ch and defined setto0 as a macro.

I've added a line about authorship.

It's nice to get this module in good shape since it can be used as a model
for encoding the other algorithms into fast C/C++. I'm impressed with the
care you've taken to discover these small infelicities.

Martin