[Snowball-discuss] Catalan Snowball Stemmer

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Mon Jul 26 13:05:10 BST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for submitting the stemmer: it's great to have this kind of
contribution.

Can I just check a licensing point?  When you say:

   "Please distribute this freely, with a mention to the author and to the
company ISOCO, that let us to share our work freely with the Snowball
community."

Do you just mean that we should distribute this under the BSD license, but
place a notice on the snowball website mentioning the author and thanking
ISOCO?
Or were you meaning that we should distribute it under the BSD license with
the additional restriction that redistributions must mention the author and
ISOCO?

I think you probably meant the first of these options, and that's certainly
the preferable one since additional restrictions tend to cause quite a few
unexpected problems later (such as being unable to combine the code with GPL
licensed code), but I want to check, just to make sure we get this right.

--
Richard