[Snowball-discuss] Catalan and Basque stemmers

Martin Porter martin at porterloo.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 16:33:35 BST 2010

Mikel and Israel,

Thank you very much for your contributions. You will find them in place on
the main snowball site.

I've put in a page for each algorithm, a tarball of what you have sent so
far, and links to resources. I have taken the liberty of improving (making
more idiomatic) the English of your emails. Let me know of any errors, and
of further items you might wish to add.

A description of the algorithm which is independent of the snowball script
is useful, but is certainly not essential. Had you thought of writing one
out? It definitely helps in defining the algorithm exactly. It is surprising
how often it throws up small errors.

Martin