[Snowball-discuss] Error in the vocabulary for Portuguese stemmer?

Peter Stahl pemistahl at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 13 17:34:29 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm sorry for writing to you again, but I suppose there are some errors in the vocabulary for Portuguese, too. This time it is about the following four words:

adquirira              adquirira              (adquir)
conseguira          conseguira          (consegu)
explodira 	      explodira 	     (explod)
itabira 	              itabira 		     (itab)

Again it is about step 1. It says that one of the suffixes 'ira' or 'iras' has to be replaced by 'ir' if it is in RV and preceded by 'e'. But the last condition cannot apply to these four words. Thus, actually, the suffixes may not be deleted. What do you say about this?

Best regards,
Peter