[Snowball-discuss] french stemmer

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 22 05:54:26 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 09:27:16AM +0100, Martin Porter wrote:
> An idea I had was to collect these suggestions, language by language, and
> publish them in a significant place on the snowball site, as a resource to
> others wishing to make further improvements. The truth is we do not get many
> such suggestions.

Perhaps a wiki-like arrangement where users can contribute suggestions?
That may encourage contributions (users can see that they are helping to
build a useful resource), and should be less work to coordinate than
having to manually add suggestions to the website.

If it seems useful, we could hosts a page or pages on the Xapian wiki
for this purpose - we do get the occasional comment from Xapian users
about such cases, and so far I've just directed them to the snowball
list.