[Snowball-discuss] Snowball Analyzer for Greek

Christophe Maillard christophe.maillard.1989 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:51:41 BST 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I tried the Snowball Analyzer in English, and that worked perfectly fine.
But now, I would like to try it for Greek, but when I compile the sources, I
get the following exception :

    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.tartarus.snowball.ext.GreekStemmer

What's strange is that the file
org\apache\lucene\analysis\el\GreekStemmer.class exists, but the file
org\tartarus\snowball\ext\GreekStemmer.class does not. I tried to copy the
existing file into this directory (and re-JARed), but I had another
exception.

I'm using lucene 3.1.

Do you have any idea of how I can resolve that problem?

Thank you for your answer,

Best regards,

Christophe