[Snowball-discuss] Observations about tarball contents

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Tue Nov 29 08:04:46 GMT 2011

On 28 November 2011 15:33, Craig Rairdin <craigr at laridian.com> wrote:
> There are five tarballs linked on the website. The last two  ("Snowball,
> algorithms, and libstemmer library, and documentation" and "Everything
> related to snowball") appear to be archives of the website and don't contain
> ANY source code (neither for Snowball nor for libstemmer).

Ah, thank you for brining that to my attention.

Actually, these tarballs, as far as I can see, do contain some code:
in the algorithms/<language>/ directories, the generated stemmer
sources can be found.  So, it's actually a bit worse than you say; the
description on the download page says:

 This contains all the source code for snowball (but not the generated
source files) ...

whereas, actually the truth would be:

 This contains the generated stemmer source files, but not the
snowball compiler or libstemmer.

I think the easiest fix is just to change the description, which I'll
do shortly, since the snowball compiler and libstemmer can be found in
the 3rd tarball.

--
Richard