[Snowball-discuss] Spanish stemming fails with lot of words

Sebastian Oliveri sebaszipp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 19:23:04 BST 2011

I have been testing the spanish stemmer but it has failed with many words, I
tried to add the rules to the already predefined rules in the spanish lemmer
class but it is not as trivial as I thought it was and following the
algorithm it a really hard task. For ex. the word desnutricion and
desnutridos should result as desnutr but both produces different results. It
is just one of many other cases. In English it seems to be a lot more
accurate but I am needing spanish stemming.

Sebastian.