[Snowball-discuss] Stemmer for Finnish - evaluation

Kimmo Kettunen lokike at uta.fi
Mon Apr 22 14:30:12 BST 2013

Hi,

I have implemented two versions of a Finnish stemmer. The first one was a
quite close version of Snowball Finnish stemmer written in TAWK. It was
evaluated in proceedings of 5th Language & Technology Conference, Poznan, 2011
and performed on a par with the Snowball version.

I have lately written a more portable & better version of the stemmer in Icon.
As I don't have access to CLEF's Finnish collections & a search engine, I am
looking for somebody who could co-operate with evaluation of the stemmer. If
you have the CLEF FI collections (if possible, all three years) running in a
search engine/are able to set up the environment, please contact me.

BR,

Kimmo Kettunen