[Snowball-discuss] Unresolved External Error while building

Balázs Kiss kiss.balazs.forest at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:21:10 GMT 2014

Dear Snowball community!

I know, that this is not a problem solving list, but I have really ran out
of options, as there is little other community to ask help from in this
area: so please, if somebody would, help me.

I am currently working on my BSc thesis at the Hungarian Budapest
University of Technology and Economics. I am trying to include the C
version of the libstemmer library, to stem some words for my project.
However, for this specific code, I get an Unresolved External Symbol error
for the SN_set_current(...  line. I was wondering, if you can help me find
out, why, or how to fix this. I am using the Hungarian stemmer, which only
can be found in C. I also build the library, which completes without a
problem

I include the api.h, and the stem_ISO_8859_1_hungarian.h header the code in
c++:

typedef unsigned char symbol;

symbol sz[] = "babaházak";

struct SN_env * z;

z = hungarian_ISO_8859_1_create_env();

SN_set_current(z, sizeof(sz), sz);

hungarian_ISO_8859_1_stem(z);

cout << "Stemmed word: " << sz << endl;

hungarian_ISO_8859_1_close_env(z);

Visual Studio's "Peek source" tool show, that the SN_set_current function()
is declared at api.h/ defined at api.c, line 60, which is also included in
the lib. (or at least I think, as I include it in the library build). That
is what makes me not to understand the problem here.

Thank you very much for you work, and your help. This would help a lot with
my other textmining works.

Best regards,

Balázs Kiss

--