[Snowball-discuss] weird snowball-discuss behaviour ?

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Fri May 23 20:59:59 BST 2014

On Fri, 23 May 2014, James Aylett wrote:

> On 23 May 2014, at 19:43, Benjamin Franz <snowhare at nihongo.org> wrote:
>
>>> The last four messages have ancient dates ... I do not know what is
>>> going on here.
>>
>> Based on their headers it looks like they got stuck in queue on atreus.tartarus.org.
>>
>> At a guess, someone rebooted the machine and as a side-effect the exim/mail queue got flushed.
>

> No; nothing in the exim queue will last that long. It's possible that Richard cleared some stuff from the mailman queue.

Maybe so. I would note that I've been subscribed to the list for several
years and got NOTHING from it between 5/6/2008 until Mar 23 this year.

Since the archive shows lots of activity over that time span, something
has been badly broken with the list for quite a while.

--
Benjamin Franz

"A belief is not true because it is useful." - Henri Fredric Ameil (1821 -1881)