[Snowball-discuss] newbie does snowball remove stop words?

Andrew Davidson adavidson2 at apple.com
Tue Mar 17 20:35:37 GMT 2015

Hi Olly

I imagine removing stop words is a fairly common requirement. Any idea how people implement stop word removal with  snowball?

The reason I originally thought snowball provided stop word removal was because of the following links  http://snowball.tartarus.org/algorithms/english/stop.txt <http://snowball.tartarus.org/algorithms/english/stop.txt> (from http://snowball.tartarus.org/algorithms/english/stemmer.html <http://snowball.tartarus.org/algorithms/english/stemmer.html>)

It seems to suggest there is some stop word support

Thanks

Andy