[Snowball-discuss] Persian stemmer

farnood massoudi ferine.hellion at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:27:52 BST 2016

Hi,
I am writing to express my interest in developing a stemmer algorithm for
Persian language. I am a student of software engineering at Sharif
University of Technology, currently working in Lyan Company. My team and I
are working on a project which I am the head of the search system scrum
team.
Since a good quality Persian stemmer has not been developed yet, we would
be pleased to work on it. We also have the advantage of employing the help
of Persian language and literature experts.  I understood that we can
contribute to Snowball by this and release this stemmer under the BSD
license so that it can be available to all.
I would like to know more about the conditions of this cooperation and the
ground basis and all that is needed to be known in advance.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Farnood Massoudi