[Snowball-discuss] General Query Related to Stemming(related to words ending with ition)

Jaimin Shah jaimin_shah3128 at yahoo.in
Wed Jul 12 22:34:59 BST 2017

Hi Everyone,
I am Jaimin Shah, a masters student at NYU, working on a project related to machine learning and for my project I was using stemming. Wherein I wanted for example defines, defined, defining, definition all to stem to define. But when I tried it out all others worked fine but unfortunately definition was stemming to definit. That's so weird right? Is there something that can be done to address this issue? If so, what? and If not what can I do to address this issue. This is crucial to increasing accuracy to my project.
Looking forward for your advice/suggestions/comments
Thanks,Regards,Jaimin Shah