[Snowball-discuss] Vowel marking example

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Nov 14 20:46:56 GMT 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 08:13:49PM +0100, - - wrote:
> I think I may have spotted a minor typo on the note on vowel marking
> (http://snowballstem.org/texts/vowelmarking.html).
>
> It seems to me that ‘sayyid’ should become ‘saYyid’ instead of ‘sayYid’.

You're right - the example contradicts the description above.  I
confirmed that it's the example that's wrong by modifying porter.sbl
to return after the vowel marking step, and that gives 'saYyid'.

Thank you for letting us know.  I've pushed a fix to the website (it
might take a little while before it goes live though).