[Snowball-discuss] Snowball 2.1.0 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 21 05:26:10 GMT 2021

Now available for download from:

https://snowballstem.org/download.html

This adds stemmers for Armenian, Serbian and Yiddish (the Armenian stemmer
has been on the website for over a decade but hadn't been included in
the distribution previously.)

You can view the full list of changes here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/snowballstem/snowball/v2.1.0/NEWS

Our release frequency is improving (1¼ years this time vs 5 years for
the previous release) but I'm going to aim to make at least a couple
of releases per year.

A big thanks to all the people who've contributed to this release - in
no particular order (and apologies to anyone I've overlooked):

stef4np, Assaf Urieli, Astghik Mkrtchyan, Stephane Carrez, kkaiser,
Dmitry Shachnev, Emily Marigold Klassen, Stefan Petkovic, Martin Porter,
Andreas Müller, Sean Kelly