GSoC 2016 Project: Implement Bindings for R

Amanda Jayanetti amandajayanetti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:23:04 GMT 2016

Hi,

I am a 3rd year Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate at
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Currently I’m working as a software
engineering intern at Millennium Information Technologies, and my
internship concludes on April 18th. I’m very much interested in the project
"Implement Bindings for R" since it is somewhat similar to one of the tasks
that I’m presently engaged in, at the aforementioned company. The task
involves developing a C++ wrapper for R (Rcpp and RInside packages are
used), such that R functionality can be accessed via a particular interface
in company’s development framework. As suggested in your guide, I have
already started building the code and familiarizing myself with Xapian API.
Your guidance on further proceedings would be much appreciated.

Eagerly looking forward to working with Xapian!

Regards,

Amanda Jayanetti