[Xapian-discuss] Search::Xapian add_database'd search results are odd?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 21 22:39:31 GMT 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 02:25:59PM -0800, Eric Parusel wrote:
> 	From your wording, I take it the mapping is possibly due for a
> 	change in the future?  I'll keep an eye out for that...

I don't have a plan to change it, but I wouldn't rule it out totally.
It's problematic if one database is very large, as you overrun 32 bits
more quickly.  But it has nice features, such as merged docids being stable
over adding documents to the underlying databases.

When this came up before, someone (might have been me) suggested we
should have a method to return the underlying database and docid
but I've not had a chance to look at doing that.