[Xapian-discuss] Omega + Xapian 0.8.2 result in Segfaults/document not found errors

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Sep 15 14:41:31 BST 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 01:07:26PM +0200, Michiel Roding wrote:
> Just installed 0.8.2, and re-ran my indexer after deleting all previous
> db's.
>
> Indexing went fine, but running omega results in some strange behaviour:
>
> michiel at phobos(pts/1):~/boards/parse/react.parse.nl/board/non-www/omega
> $ /usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega P=tho
> Exception: Document 4294967295 not found.

Hmm, that's -1 as a 32 bit unsigned integer.

Apart from the suspicious docid, this looks the same as Jim Lynch's
problem.  I'd be suprised if they weren't at least connected.

> michiel at phobos(pts/1):~/boards/parse/react.parse.nl/board/non-www/omega
> $ /usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega P=thom
> Segmentation fault

I can reproduce a segfault.  Oddly omega gives it, but quest with the
exact same search doesn't.  I've tracked it as far as the API call
where it dies.  I'll investigate further.

> please inform me how to resolve this. System used is Slack 10.

How large is the dataset?  Is it something I could have a copy of to
investigate?