[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.8.2 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 16 21:00:54 BST 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 08:40:53PM +0100, Fabrice Colin wrote:
> I have updated the spec files and merged them with Alan Cox'.
> See the patches attached...

Thanks.  I'll merge them shortly.

> As for the bindings, I have run into difficulties upgrading swig (FC2
> comes with 1.3.19, configure needs 1.3.20). I may not be able to produce
> a spec file today as promised :-( I'll keep you posted...

The important difference between the two for us is that 1.3.19 is
missing std_common.i for one of the bindings - I think PHP4, but I
may be wrong.  The file can just be empty, so as root just:

touch /usr/lib/swig1.3/php4/std_common.i

If that file already exists, check python/std_common.i and
tcl/std_common.i exist.  It's possible they all do if the FC2 SWIG RPM
has been patched to fixed this problem.

Then edit xapian-binding's configure to chance 1.3.20 to 1.3.19 (edit
configure directly rather than configure.ac as you normally would so
you can avoid running autoconf, etc).

That'll be good enough for preparing a spec file anyway.