[Xapian-discuss] Searching for terms like C#?

Arjen van der Meijden arjen at glas.its.tudelft.nl
Thu Apr 14 13:28:14 BST 2005

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:27:15PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
>>(Hmm, I need to update that, probably to 0.8.5) If not, will it be?
>
> Yes.  I'm not quite sure when.  We could just do it for 0.9.0, but it
> would mean that databases weren't quite compatible.  But then currently
> C# is indexed and searched for as C, which is pretty much useless in
> general, so perhaps we should just make the change.

Didn't you change enough in the quartz backend to make it advisable to
rebuilt the databases anyway?
Anyway, the change in case of C# vs C is indeed not that bad even if a
database is not regenerated.

Btw, don't forget J# as well ;) I can ask if other users of our forum
know of more similar terms if you like?

Best regards,

Arjen