[Xapian-discuss] Back to the future?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jan 7 20:13:14 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 01:25:40PM -0500, Jim Lynch wrote:
> OK, I thought we solved this one a long time ago
>
> Exception: Expected another key with the same term name but found a
> different one
>
> I was getting a
> Exception: New revision too low
> So I upgraded everything to 0.8.5 and now I'm getting the new/old
> problem.  Thisis out of a plain vanilla scriptindex run.
>
> Any ideas?  This is an awfully large database to have to reindex from
> scratch.

Probably the damage was done to the database before the bug was fixed.

You could try using copydatabase (in xapian-examples) to recreate the
database from itself.  Because of how it works, it regenerates the
postlists from the termlists, so it should fix this (and indeed any
postlist corruption problems).  It'll take a while to run for a large
database, but should be quicker than indexing from scratch.